Saturday, November 11, 2017

Flannel Friday: Seis Perritos


I added a puppy to my set of growing puppies so I would have seis perritos for a Hispanic Heritage storytime. You have probably seen Alma Flor Ada’s adorable book Diez Perritos. There are many versions of this traditional nursery rhyme - some where the puppies meet terrible fates. I love the version from Songs for Wiggleworms by Old Town School of Folk Music. Even though I planned to play the recording in Spanish, I asked a friend to translate just to make sure none of my puppies ate a machete or were killed by a shaft. I am including the translation in case you would like to sing it in English.

If you are looking for more Spanish language storytime music, Old Town School of Folk Music has got you covered. I used “Chocolate” (Bate, Bate, Chocolate) which is also on Songs for Wiggleworms (such a fun arrangement). I also used “Hello and How Are You” from Wiggleworms Love You which has verses in English, French, and Spanish. We had so much fun!!

Seis Perritos

I used to have six puppies, of the six that I had,
one went jumping jumping.
So from their I only had left five... five... five.

From the five that I had left, from the five I had remaining, one went with the cat.
So then I only had left four... four... four.

Of the four that I had left, from the four remaining,
one went with Andres.
So then I only had three... three... three.

Of the three that I had left, from the three remaining,
one went to eat rice.
So then I only had two... two... two.

Of the two that I had left, of the two that were remaining, one went with Don Bruno.
So then I only had one... one... one.

Of the one that I had left, of the one that was remaining,
he went for a lemonade.
And now I don't have any.

I am hosting this week's roundup. For more on Flannel Friday check out the blog or visit us on Pinterest.

No comments: